We’ve touched on editorial calendars for your social media, but what about for your blogs? Would an editorial calendar actually benefit you or is it a waste of time? The truth to the matter is…yes, it will benefit you IF you follow it. One of the keys to an editorial calendar is it creates consistency and a flow for your writing. It gives you a schedule to follow and a strategy to visualize. Here are a few things to consider when creating a blogging editorial calendar.
Understand your audience
- Who are they?
- What interests them?
- What interests them about you?
Who and When
- Who will take part on the writing team?
- How often will you post and will it be on specific days?
Create a Theme
- What content/topics do you want to publish?
- What themes can create a flow from post to post?
- What events are in the future and how do they fit on your calendar? Don’t forget Holidays!
Include Social Sharing
- Give your readers the ability to share, like, tweet, etc.
Begin to write
- Once you have your editorial calendar, it’s time to write. Write at least 2 blog posts ahead of schedule to keep on track.